Saturday 12 December 2009

Fight the Man

I have been rightly accused of getting a wee bit obsessed with incomprehensibly awful music when I've had a wee bit too much of the old fruit of the grape. That's all true, but this one is a bit different. Just checking through my 'favourites' list on YouTube has revealed a shocking thing: the now-defunct Oasis has ordered its tame man managers, in a fit of what can only be called "naff pikey attitude", to purge the whole of the web of any embeddable video, (just to piss off the pisshead bloggers, no doubt). Well, I take umbrage. For no particular reason other than I like the word: "umbrage" - I'll take it.

And they're living in a fool's paradise if they imagine that through one massive act of YouTube vandalism they can stop me from randomly (though repeatedly with this one, which troubles me - somewhat) copying old pop videos to my blog whenever I've had a couple of bottles of good Shiraz. If they think that, then they are sadly mistaken.

I'm not pushing this Oasis vid this time - I don't even like it! - I'm using it as an example of the power of the internet (or, rather, of massively copied data and massively copying masses of people, like me). Well, anyway, my point to the purging Oasis managers and everyone else is that you can find this kind of mass-produced nonsense anywhere, anyway, in seconds.

It's that common.



See?

7 comments:

  1. Someone's been on the sauce again!

    Good work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. It's that red wine....love it.

    Fortunately, I was out at a carol concert tonight - not much chance of tying one on there, ehem. Pity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this song is really very nice i like it very much thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello mr denverthen i just praising your posting and this video. how can i spam....? is it not nice...? i like it very much.thanks for call me mr spam.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. this music has got a soothing effect.and the video looks good too.thanks for sharing it with us.keep up ur good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice Post , i really like your idea. Why don't you come to visit me?

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts?